The Rose City Astronomers is a 501(c)(3)
Non-Profit organization and all donations to RCA are fully tax deductible.
Our main source of income to run the club come
from the $24 yearly dues that we collect from members. It however, does not
fully fund all of the activities of the club.
Another small source of income to the club is
profits from the Merchandise Sales table at each of the General meetings. The
main purpose of the Sales table is to provide discounted merchandise and club
logo items and is not a major source of income to the club.
So what do we spend our money on?
- Monthly Club meetings with educational and instructional programs
- Monthly Club newsletter to members with information on Club business and projects, monthly observing highlights, and astronomy related articles submitted by club members
(However, we ask that members get the newsletter off the web instead, which
saves printing and mailing expenses)
- Organized member star parties and trips throughout the year
- Public outreach star parties
- Partner with Oregon Museum of Science and Industry (OMSI) in holding
public star parties during the year attracting thousands
- Astronomical League dues for all members
- Corporation fees
- Legal expenses
While merchandise purchases and raffle tickets
are not tax deductible per IRS Rules, any donation for which there is no
exchange of product or raffle ticket is fully deductible, and any donation will
be cheerfully receipted on request.
The Rose City Astronomers club is happy to accept
donations for the following:
If you have any questions about other donations to the RCA, contact the
The RCA was qualified by the IRS on May 31,
2000, as a public benefit association entitled to exemption from federal
income tax under the provision of Section 501 (c) (3) of the Internal Revenue
Code. As such, donors may deduct contributions to the RCA from federal income
taxes as provided in section 170 of the Code. RCA will happily furnish a receipt